Facial Cosmetic Surgeon, Founder
STANLEY WINSTON JACOBS, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., F.R.C.S. (C), and CEO, World Skin LLC
145 Foss Creek Circle
(707) 473-0220 / FAX (707) 473-0990
166 Geary Street, #603
San Francisco, CA
(415) 433-0303 / FAX (415) 433-4640
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Founding member and CEO, World Skin LLC, makers of Stanley Jacobs MD, Skin Care Products, 2008 to present Built Healdsburg Surgery Center, 2007, AAAHC accreditation, to present
In Toronto, most cosmetic facial surgery is done in the hospital because of government subsidy. Therefore, Dr. Jacobs was able to perform more rhinoplasty, eyelid, and facelift surgeries in training than most American plastic surgeons do in their first five to 10 years in practice.
- Established "The Center For Facial Cosmetic Surgery, Union Square" in San Francisco, 1998
- Established "The Center for Facial Cosmetic Surgery, Santa Rosa," 1996 to 2007
- Established "The Pavilion for Facial Cosmetic Surgery," 1996 to 1998, a unique patient educational public facility for Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Private Practice, Facial Cosmetic Surgery, 1990 to present
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- House Delegate to the C.M.A. Specialty Delegate for Facial Plastic Surgeons
- Chief of Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery, Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, 1995 to 1997
- Chief of Surgery at Sutter Medical Center of Santa Rosa, 1993 to 1996
- Total Quality Management Council, Sutter Medical Center of Santa Rosa, 1995
- Member of Cancer Research Committee, Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, 1994
- Member Laser Safety Committee, Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, 1993
"Facial Skin Measurements Using a Cutometer After Topical Application of Mandelic Acid," presented at the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, (A.A.F.P.R.S.) Boston, Mass., 2010. To be published in the Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, 2011.
"Rhinoplasty Panel: Difficult Case Studies." Panelist, California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery, (C.S.F.P.S.), Lake Tahoe , Calif., 2010.
"Skin Care Product Development," presented at the C.S.F.P.S., Lake Tahoe, Calif., 2010.
"Masking of Surgical Patients Before, During and After Surgery," presented at the A.A.F.P.R.S., Toronto, Canada, 2006, and the European Society of Facial Plastic Surgery (E.S.F.P.S.), Bodrum, Turkey, 2007.
"Prophylactic Lateral Canthopexy in Lower Blepharoplasty," presented at the E.S.F.P.S., Turkey, 2007.
"Medical Website Design." Voted best website design in the entire A.A.F.P.R .S., Presented, Chicago, Illinois, 2005.
"Five-Year Study of the Concurrent Use of TCA Chemical Peels in 160 Facelift Patients," presented at the A.A.F.P.R.S., New York, New York, 2004, and at the C.S.F.P.S., Lake Tahoe, Calif., 2005.
"Prophylactic Lateral Canthopexy in Lower Blepharoplasty," published in the Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, May/June 2003.
"The Four Planes of Inclination of Rhinoplasty Analysis," presented at the Rhinoplasty Society Meeting, New York, New York, Manhattan Eye and Ear Institute, 2002.
Canadian Society of Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery National Meeting, June 1995:
- "The Use of Gore-Tex® in Rhinoplasty Surgery"
- "Clinical Outcomes Research in Endoscopic Sinus Surgery"
MEDIA: PRINT, TV, AND INTERNET
Yahoo Shine (Kaboodle), "7 Steps To Looking 10 Years Younger," Aug. 25, 2010
View From the Bay, ABC-TV, Top Products, July 19, 2010
The San Francisco Chronicle, "Raider of the Lost Art," April 28, 2010
San Francisco Magazine, "Who's Who," January 2010
Vogue Italia, "Vanity Serum," December 2009
CNN, Anderson Cooper 360, TV. Analysis of Michael Jackson's surgeries, 2005
Beauty Trends, "Makeover Magic," 7 X 7 Magazine, July 2004
Best of the Bay Area, Showcasing Bay Area Health Professionals, "Medical Profiles," San Francisco Magazine, July 2003
Now Health, "The Cutting Edge," 7 X 7 Magazine, July 2003
"Beyond Botox," Health Magazine, May 2003
The Wall Street Journal, Cubicle Culture, "Some Type-A Staffers Dress for Success with a Shot of Botox," July 2002
Medicine. "Finding the Fountain of Youth; the upsurge of cosmetic surgery in Sonoma County," Sonoma Business Magazine, January 2001
Health Care: How to Guide, "How To Choose a Facial Plastic Surgeon," The Business Journal, April 1999
Community Service Column, "To Touch Others’ Lives," Facial Plastic Times, March 1997, AAFPRS Vol. 18, No. 2, pg. 6
Hair Transplantation, "Hey, Where'd All My Hair Go?" Sonoma Business Magazine, July 1995, pg. 43
American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) Fellowship and Clinical Instructor, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) under Larry D. Schoenrock and Sheldon Kabaker, M.D., July 1989 to July 1990.
EDUCATION AND AWARDS
- Wellesley Hospital, Toronto, Canada, Facial Plastics/ENT, Chief Resident, 1/89-7/89
- Toronto Western Hospital, Facial Plastics/ENT, 1/88-7/88
- Hospital for Sick Children, ENT, Chief Resident, 1/88-7/88
- Toronto General Hospital, ENT, 1/87-7/87
- St. Michael's Hospital, 1/87-7/87
- General Surgery, Sunnybrook Hospital, ENT, General Surgery, 1/86-7/86
- Hospital for Sick Children, ENT, 1/86-7/86
- University of Toronto, Second Year Resident, General Surgery Program, 1985
- University of Toronto, First Year Resident, General Surgery Program, 1984
- St. Michael's Hospital, Straight Surgery Intern, 1983-1984
- University of Western Ontario—M.D. Program, 1979-1983
- W.H. McGuffin Scholarship in Radiology, 1981
- Maud H. Smallman Bursary, 1981
- University of Toronto—M.Sc., 1977-1979
- Ontario Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics
- Cancer Immunology (under Rick Miller, M.D., Head, Institute of Immunology, University of Toronto)
- McGill University, Honors Anatomical Sciences 1974-1977
- B.Sc. Honors 1977, "University Scholar" and "Honors" awarded in overall standing (Cum Laude)
- McGill University, CEGEP (pre-university training), 1972-1974
MEETINGS AS PRESENTER
8th International Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery, New York, New York, May 4, 2002: "Prophylactic Lateral Canthopexy in Lower Blepharoplasties."
The Rhinoplasty Society's Sixth Annual Meeting, New York, New York, May 3, 2001: “The Four Planes of Inclination in Rhinoplasty: A Three Year Study."
Western Section Meeting (AAFPRS), Monterey, Calif., Jan. 5-6, 1990: "Recent Advances in the Treatment of Facial Lipodystrophy."
Soft Tissue Course (under AAFPRS) , Monterey, Calif., Oct. 12-13, 1989: "Acute Airway Trauma" and "Local Flaps in the Head and Neck."
"Prophylactic Lateral Canthopexy in Lower Blepharoplasties." Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, May/June 2003.
"The Skyline View in Rhinoplasty Analysis." Facial Plastic Surgery Quarterly, 1991.
"Recent Advances in the Treatment of Facial Lipodystrophy," submitted to Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, S.W. Jacobs and L.D. Schoenrock , 1990.
"Rhytidoplasty: Review and Analysis of the Technique," S.W. Jacobs and L.D. Schoenrock , in preparation.
"Implications of Radiation Dose Distribution at Mandibular Prosthesis Tissues Interfaces," submitted for publication AAOHNS, 1988, Washington, S.W. Jacobs.
"Aspergillos is Presenting as a Jugular Foramen Syndrome," submitted for publication to Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, S.W. Jacobs and R. Storey Fenton.
“Current Concepts in Stapedectomy Surgery: 100 Consecutive Cases," Dr. S.W. Jacobs and Dr. D. Charles, accepted for Canadian Society of Otolaryngology meeting, Vancouver, 1988.
"Surgical Experiences with PORPS and TORPS," S.W. Jacobs and D.A. Charles, C.S.O. meeting, Vancouver, Canada, 1988.
"Uses of Technetium 99m Labeled Macroaggregated Albumin," S.W. Jacobs, U.W.O. Medical Journal, Vol. 51, 3:16, December 1981.
M.Sc. Thesis: "Characterization of In Vitro T-Lymphocyte Colonies from Athymic Mice," October 1981. This work was presented at the N.C.I. Workshop on Cell Mediated Immunity in Toronto, Canada, October 1977.
"Characterization of In Vitro T-Lymphocyte Colonies from Spleens of Nude Mice," S.W. Jacobs and R.G. Miller, Journal of Immunology , 122:582, 1979.
Honours Thesis from B.Sc.: "In Vitro B-Lymphoid Colony Forming Capacity of Host Splenic Double Negative Cells in Erklich Ascites Tumor-Bearing Mice," 1977.
Assisted writing of chapter "Rhinoplasty Analysis" in Rhinoplasty, in press, 1990. Ed. N. Pastorek, L.D. Schoenrock , and S.W. Jacobs.
A chapter in Lymphatic Tissues and Germinal Centres in Immune Reactions, 1979.
Basic Science Research
Leukemia Research with Dr. M. Bains, Pediatric Hospital, London, Ontario, 1982. Neuroimmunology Research in Multiple Sclerosis with Dr. G.C. Ebers, 1981.
Clinical Research Associate, Merck-Frosst Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Pointe Claire, Quebec.
Liaison with the Canadian Federal and Provincial Regulatory Agencies, 1980.
Research Associate in Cancer Immunology, McGill University under Dr. P.K. Lala, Department of Anatomy, 1977.
Volunteer research in Cancer Immunology, McGill University, 1976.
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- Canadian Society of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery, Inc.
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- European Society of Facial Plastic Surgeons
- International Academy of Investigative Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- California Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons
- California Medical Association
- Sonoma County Medical Association
- McGill University Alumni Society
- University of Western Ontario Alumni Society
- University of Toronto Alumni Society
1989 to Present:
- Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Sutter Hospital, Santa Rosa, Calif.
1998 to 2000:
- California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, Calif.
1989 to 1990:
- Moffitt Hospital, San Francisco, Calif.
- Surgery Center, University of California, San Francisco, Calif.
- Veteran's Administration Hospital, San Francisco, Calif.
- Merritt Hospital, Oakland, Calif.
- USA Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) #BJ1863213
- National Training Botox Center, 2002
- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1989
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), updated regularly
- Hockey assistant coach, Santa Rosa Flyers, House League, ages 10-18, 2007 to 2008
- Elected Member, Steering Committee, "Leadership Santa Rosa," 1997 to 1999
- Member, Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, 1997
- Volunteer work in General Medicine for Hispanic patients who are non-funded, St. Stephen's Church, Sebastopol, Calif., 1996 to 1998
- Graduate of Class XII Leadership Santa Rosa (LSR) 1995 to 1996, Branch of Chamber of Commerce; 30 leaders of the community are elected each year; only three doctors have been elected in the last 380 positions.
- International travel with wife and two sons to Egypt, Italy, France, Germany, England, Turkey, and Spain, 2000 to present.
- Archeological travel: Member, American Research Center of Egypt, A.R.C.E.: Cairo, Luxor, and Valley of the Kings, 2005, 2006, and 2007.
- American Taekwondo Association: Black Belt, 2007. Second place World Taekwondo Championships, 2005.
- Hockey player, center, "Flying Eyeballs," Santa Rosa, 2009 to present.
- P.A.D.I. scuba diving certified, 2000 to present.
- French spoken functionally.
- Other interests include mountain biking, weight lifting, non-fiction reading, writing, educating his teenage sons (and vice versa), bending the rules, understanding esthetics of life.